Wednesday, July 9, 2008

heat stroke.

Fresno summer's totally sneak up on you. Remember when it was like 85 only two weeks ago. now it's a god-awful 110...there are fire's raising up all over the state, i've developed my first sign of asthma and i'm cranky all the time. i grew up here, yet i'm shocked ever damn year. take a gander at this gastly sight

from the f. bee

but what makes it feel so disgusting is the air quality:
County Observed:
7/7/2008
Updated Forecast for:
7/8/2008
Forecast for:
7/9/2008
Fresno 161 Unhealthy (O3) 201 Very Unhealthy (O3) 201 Very Unhealthy (O3)

  • "Unhealthy" Everyone may begin to experience health effects when AQI values are between 151 and 200. Members of sensitive groups may experience more serious health effects.

  • "Very Unhealthy" AQI values between 201 and 300 trigger a health alert, meaning everyone may experience more serious health effects.
Redonkulious!

It's making living pretty darn crappy. Adding to my misery is the fact that my job requires me to wear clothes. My internship even requires me to wear extra. Pants and tennis shoes in particular. Adding insult to injury, I often have to wear a reflective vest, a la...

http://www.ozfashions.com.au/USERIMAGES/3807.jpg

(thankfully they don't require me to do my hair like that) those mother's don't exactly breath. it's misssssserable. but i guess it beats getting run over by forklifts.

but, on a positive note! i went and visited my favorite frenchies today for lunch and am currently scarfing down the only sandwich i deem edible. oh, and an iced latte, which according to them is more like milk with a splash of espresso. not complaining, just sayin...

someone wake me up when it's october.


No comments: